Elizabeth Perez’s concept design for an edition of Ray Bradbury’s Fahrenheit 451 features a strike-anywhere match set into the cover and a screen-printed striking surface on the spine, so you can use the book to set fire to itself. This Fahrenheit 451 design would make a great accompaniment to the asbestos-bound first edition.
Read the rest…
REPEAT AFTER ME
- HAVING SELF CONFIDENCE ISNT ‘VAIN’
- HAVING SELF CONFIDENCE ISNT ‘CONCEITED’
- HAVING SELF CONFIDENCE ISNT A BAD THING
my teacher sent a student home today because the student had had an anxiety attack earlier in the morning and she said “if you have a broken bone, you don’t just keep walking on it and damaging it more, you treat it. Your mental health is the same. Health then school.”I was about to get really angry but it took a different turn than I expectedwe really need more teachers like this
there’s always those neighbour countries that sort of hate each other like new zealand and australia, britain and france, the rest of the world and america
because someone decided to co-opt my request for help into a demand that I erase demisexuality and all asexual symbols…
1) that’s bullshit. The fact that someone thinks they can tell me to erase demisexuality is the exact reason why I need to be giving it extra focus.
2) Demisexuality exists as a valid identity. End of story.
3) I don’t like AVEN, my philosophy doesn’t fit with it, there are some practical problems with the thing as well. However, AVEN was one of the first asexual communities, it is the main reason why asexuality has any visibility at all. It deserves historic respect if nothing else. Yeah, a lot of our symbolism - black rings, the triangle, the flag, the obsession with cake, the word “ace” originally came from AVEN. But more importantly, that came from the asexual community, and these are not exclusively AVEN symbols. As a community, we have the right to create symbols for our identity.
4) I’ve been informed that this isn’t fun. Well, I disagree. Asexuality is fun. Yeah, sometimes it sucks, but then I go and eat cake and everything gets better (sadly, i eat a lot less cake than i’m making it sound here). Ace Pride is important. We’re allowed to feel proud of our identity and show it off however we want. And, you know what? might as well have fun in the process.
So, there it is. I’m just going to go make sure my presentation includes AVEN, and all the ace symbols, and lots and lots of information on demisexuality. we’re going to have lots of fun that day.
And seriously? don’t erase demisexuality.
So we need an Ace beacon city. Like a place where aces can move and know they’re going to be part of a larger asexual community and asexual culture. We need our own Bohemia.
a tEENAGER???… withPOLITCIAL OPINIONS?? no… politics for adults. this not affect you. go sit at kids table
(5 min later) this new generation of teenagers doesn’t care about anything besides parties and the internet
so i saw this photo of a harpy eagleand i thought “woah what a noble beast” so i searched for more photos and i just
even the babiesi mean
this goes with almost all predator birds
like look at this bearded vulture
such a majestic creature
but then it’s like
or this scretary bird like woah so beautiful
even good old bald eagle
like wow so regal
it just looks confused
#just like america
just like aMERICA